Update on Residential Garbage Collection Services
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) wishes to inform the public that the residential garbage collection service on Grand Cayman is once per week. In an effort to minimise waste, divert the waste stream from the landfill, and reduce littering, the DEH is encouraging all residents to recycle items (such as tin cans, aluminium, glass bottles, batteries, and #1 & #2 plastics) and deposit those items at one of the recycling depots at the local supermarkets.
The DEH is also reminding the public to only place their residential waste by the roadside for service collection on the following scheduled days:
- Mondays – From Crystal Harbour / Governor’s Harbour to West Bay inclusive of the side roads.
- Tuesdays – From Safe Heaven / West Bay Rd including Harbour Heights to South Church St, Walkers Rd, Smith Rd, Templeton Pine Lake area, Shedden Road, North Sound Road, Breezy Way, Eastern Ave, Mary’s St, Rock Hole, plus the side roads.
- Wednesdays – From Windsor Park, South Sound Rd, Crewe Rd, Bobby Thompson Way, Half Way Pond, Randyke Gardens, Prospect Point Rd, the entire Prospect area including Patrick’s Island and the side roads.
- Thursdays - From the junction of Shamrock Rd / Prospect Point Rd. to Will T. Dr. in Bodden Town and this includes Spotts, Homes off the East-West Arterial road plus the Savannah / Newlands area and the side roads.
- Fridays - From Will T. Drive eastward inclusive of Northward, Bodden Town, East End, North Side and the side roads. There will be no more residential collections on Saturdays or Mondays in the eastern districts from 29 July 2016.
Mr Roydell Carter, Director DEH says, “that the slightly revised residential service schedule normalizes the collection services across Grand Cayman with the majority of residents seeing no change with their current collection day.”
Commercial Customers will continue to receive waste collection service as contracted.
For further information, please contact the DEH at 949-8793 or 949-6696 or visit the DEH’s website at: deh.gov.ky